"They told all of us that for this website, we need to use firefox instead of internet explorer, but it's nowhere on my computer!"At this point, my colleagues are making sympathetic faces at me. I cut her rant off a little forcefully, tell her that there is nothing I can do about it, but she is welcome to file an official complaint (thinking that if she ever does do that, we can all get a good laugh out of it), say goodbye, hang up and break out in helpless giggles. I then proceed to tell my colleagues all about it.
"Alright, you can download it from the application catalog. You can find that at-"
"Nonsense! If they say we need to use it, it should be on my computer! I shouldn't have to download it!"
"There's a lot of applications that different people have to use for their jobs, and installing them all on every computer would cost a lot of power. If you just go to the application catalog, you can-"
"I'm already there, and I'm at F, but there's nothing! This is such a pain!"
"Actually, I'd recommend using the search function. That is-"
"What search function? There is no search function!"
"It's at the top right corner of your screen. If you just type in firefox, or even fire, you'll get the right application and you can-"
"I'm telling you, it's not- Oh, right, well it's still such bullshit! They tell us to use something we don't want to use, and then we have to install it ourselves in a way that doesn't work for us! Besides, it's not even like it's a real app. It's like word, and I never have to install that either!"
A couple of minutes later she calls back.
"Well, I installed firefox, but now I'm missing all my links! How do I get to the intranet? This is such utter bull shit and a waste of my time!"At this point I mute my headset to collapse in more helpless giggles, while the costumer rants on some more.
"... intranet dot company dot com...?"
"And we're just supposed to just memorize all that?"
"... ... ... Maybe?"
No comments:
Post a Comment